CRI Genetics is an advanced team of scientists who work together based on the latest research in genetics, anthropology, and the social sciences. We are passionate about providing our customers with accurate (and interesting!) DNA-based reports.
We use proprietary DNA analysis algorithms designed by renowned molecular geneticist Dr. Alexei Fedorov, Ph.D., who was apprentice to Nobel Prize-winning scientist Walter Gilbert at Harvard University. Alexei’s algorithm uses 527,414 hand-chosen genetic markers when analyzing someone’s ancestry.
That means that you get fascinating Ancestry reports and useful Health reports that are both detailed and accurate. We’re confident you will learn something new about yourself when you begin your journey with us!
It’s a refreshingly simple 3 step process:
- You will receive our DNA testing kit within a few business days of your order.
- Your kit will come with step-by-step instructions about how to collect and send us a DNA sample. Long story short: You rub your cheek with a swab we provide you, seal it in a bag (also provided), and mail it back to us with the postage paid envelope (also provided in the kit).
- After 6-8 weeks of deep DNA analyzation at our state-of-the-art laboratory, you will receive an email linking you to all your information on our website. Then, you just enjoy exploring your new treasure trove of information about yourself!
At CRI Genetics, we value your time and trust in our services. The lab process of examining DNA can be very time-consuming, especially if there are several customer samples to process at once. With this in mind, we're proud to offer a unique "8-Week Efficiency Guarantee" designed to provide you with your genetic reports promptly.
Here's what it means for you:
- Your 8-week countdown starts not from the time of purchase, but from the moment our lab receives your DNA sample. Every DNA sample received is subject to a quality control inspection. This is to ensure there is enough viable DNA in the sample to process. If any issues arise during the quality control inspection, we'll send you a replacement DNA test kit at no extra cost. The 8-week countdown will then restart when the lab receives your new sample.
- In rare occasions, your DNA sample may pass quality inspection, but a small handful of reports may still show up as "inconclusive results." If this happens with your results, you will be eligible for a prorated refund of the reports missing from your order. Similarly, if an add-on (individually purchased) report such as Y-DNA has inconclusive results, you will be refunded for that add-on. Your satisfaction is vital to us, and we're committed to ensuring you get the insights you're looking for.
- In the rare scenario where we're unable to deliver any of your results within 8 weeks from when we receive your sample, we promise a full refund. If only a fraction of your reports are unavailable, we'll adjust your refund proportionally, ensuring fairness and transparency.
Our "Efficiency Guarantee" is our commitment to you for timely, reliable genetic insights.
On top of the "Efficiency Guarantee" outlined in the question above, here are the scenarios in which your purchase may be eligible for a refund:
- Refunds On Unused Kits — To qualify for a refund an an unused DNA test, you must notify us within (90) days after your order is placed. We must confirm that your samples have not been shipped to our laboratory.
- Refunds On used Kits — If your kit has been delivered to the laboratory and you receive your results within the 8 week efficiency guarantee period, you may not be eligible for a refund.
- Refunds On Report Subscriptions
- Initial Subscription Purchase Refunds — You have up to 30 days after your initial purchase of your subscription to refund your order.
- Subscription Renewal Refunds — You have up to 7 days after your subscription renewal to refund your order. If you cancel your subscription more than 7 days after your renewal, you will retain access to your services for the remainder of the subscription but will not be eligible for a refund.
- Refunds On Report Credits — Purchases of report credits are not refundable unless the reports purchased have an inconclusive result.
To process your refund inquiry, please contact the Customer Care Team at USA 1-800-571-9216 or UK +44-800-368-8243.
At CRI Genetics, we take your privacy and security seriously. We protect ALL of your information using standard security practices when we store your DNA sample, your DNA test results, and any other personal information. In our storage facilities, we do NOT label your results or sample with your name or any other identification information.
Your DNA data is YOUR property and we treat it as such. You can choose to download the information yourself and you can even instruct us delete and destroy all of the information we have. We do not share your name or any other identifying information without your explicit consent.
If you have any additional questions that cannot be answered here, or if you prefer to place your order over the phone rather than online, feel free to give us a call at: 1-800-571-9216.
We’re also available by email at: Support@CRIGenetics.com
Your “BioGeographical Ancestry” is a description of your place in the history of our species. It’s simply a breakdown of where your genes come from, according to the results of your DNA tests.
Some might define it as “race” or “ethnicity,” but we don’t feel that these terms adequately communicate the complexity of the science and history behind the information that we give you.
Unfortunately, it’s impossible to provide a 100% correct evaluation of your ancestry without having DNA samples from every ancestor going back 200,000 years.
However, we are able to provide a research-grade estimation of your biogeographical ancestry. Our CLIA-validated testing methods ensure that we test your DNA to the highest standards available, and we only deliver reports with a high confidence level.
We provide dual ancestry reports, (Recent Ancestry reflects the most recent 5-7 generations, while Ancient Ancestry reaches as far back as 1,000 years), and an Ancestry Timeline that reveals up to 50 generations back.
Our DNA Test can bring you into new communities of different ancestries and backgrounds by identifying your most statistically likely BioGeographical Ancestry, but the results are not intended to provide legal proof that you “belong” to a specific race. Race is a complex concept to define when ancestral genes are not passed down in a consistent, predictable manner.
If you are attempting to verify Indigenous American ancestry, check with the rules of the specific tribe you think you might belong to, as each tribal government has its own set of laws as to how to identify indigenous citizenship. For example, many tribes will recognize your citizenship ONLY if your indigenous heritage is through your mother. In this example, even if your father is 100% Indigenous American, you won’t qualify for tribal citizenship. Again, laws vary from tribe to tribe, so go by their guidelines if you’re trying to verify Indigenous American ancestry.
Women can take the Autosomal DNA Test featured in our Basic Ancestry package. Autosomal DNA Tests have no gender restrictions because they test markers across your entire genome. The only DNA tests that are restricted by gender are Y-DNA Tests, which trace direct paternal lineage. Women do not have a Y-Chromosome, so they cannot take a Y-DNA Test. However, women can take our mtDNA test which tracks their ancestry all the way back through time through the maternal line.
Health & Wellness FAQ
Yes! Our founders, Alexei and Larisa Fedorov, both have a Ph.D. in Molecular Genetics. Providing customers with results that are grounded in legitimate scientific research is their absolute highest priority. They both have several published studies to their name and have reviewed countless others.
Your genetic reports will provide you with easily-actionable information that is interesting, useful, and backed by advanced scientific research.
That’s entirely up to you! Some doctors may use your reports to help you adjust your lifestyle according to the results. Whether you decide to share your results with your healthcare provider is your choice.
At this time, no. You can check with your insurance provider, but most plans do not cover this type of genetic testing.